BIRTH DOULA SERVICES | BIRTH TUB RENTALS | CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION
A birth doula’s role is to provide physical and emotional support that will allow you and your family to become stronger as a whole during pregnancy, birth and beyond. I will provide to you evidenced based information to help you make your own decisions. A doula’s ability to help a mother feel calm, confident, reassured and in control of her birthing experience enables a more positive birth overall. It creates a birth that is inspiring and helps a woman tune into her instincts and feel confident during the birthing process.
A doula is not only there for the birthing woman but also for her partner. She is not there to replace but rather assist and can help relieve them of the full responsibility of the woman. My goal is to provide a presence that allows your partner to rest, take bathroom breaks and refuel without ever leaving you alone. Many partners have fears or concerns about a mother going through this birthing experience and I will be there to help make suggestions, address those fears and concerns and continue to reassure and keep you and your partner calm during the birth.
Visit Evidence Based Birth for additional information about doula’s.
AS A DOULA, I DO NOT:
- Perform any clinical tasks such as checking your blood pressure, vaginal exams, fetal heart monitoring, etc.
- Make decisions for you. I will help you collect the necessary information for you and your family to make informed decisions.
- Speak to staff on your behalf. I will discuss your concerns with you and suggest options, however, you or your partner will speak directly to the staff on hand.
- Project any of my own beliefs onto your experience. This is your birth and you get to choose how to do it. Whether that means un-medicated, medicated, home, birth center or hospital birth, midwife or OB. I am your doula and I support you in your birth choices 100%.
- FREE initial consultation to meet & determine if we are a good match
- 24/7 text, phone & email support from date of hire through birth & postpartum
- 1-2 prenatal appointments in your home to discuss birth process & go over birth plan
- In person professional support from active labor through delivery
- Immediate postpartum support 1-2 hours following your birth
- 1 postpartum follow up appointment within 2 weeks of delivery
- Discounts on childbirth education classes & labor tub rentals
“Roots Childbirth is a unique childbirth curriculum written by a licensed professional midwife offering a comprehensive and evidence-based approach to childbirth education. The Roots Childbirth curriculum consists of a comprehensive, interactive, 4-Chapter workbook & a supplemental pregnancy and childbirth devotional. Roots has been educating expecting parents in the middle Tennessee area for over 5 years and has been blessed to serve over 1000 families with group, private and homestudy classes.”
Learn more about the Roots Childbirth Course HERE.
COURSE OPTIONS :
- Group Class offered in the Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall. Classes located in Gallatin, Tn.
- Private Class offered in your home based on your unique schedule.
- Online Class that you do at your own pace. Comes with 2 1 hour Skype/phone meetings for question, answer & discussion.
BIRTH TUB RENTAL SERVICE
“Combining style, comfort and privacy with optimum practicality, it has become the best selling birthing pool worldwide.
La Bassine is recommended all over the world by hospitals, midwives and doulas for its practical features, lead, cadmium and phthalates free material, and above all its unique cocoon like design.”
- Pool Cover
- Electric Air Pump for Inflating & Deflating
- Submersible Water Pump for Draining
- 2 45ft Eco Hoses (Free of Lead, Cadmium & Phthalates). One for filing & one for draining
- Protective Floor Tarp
- Debris Net
- NEW & UNOPENED Professional Pool Liner ($35 Value)
- Home Delivery & Pickup